Rules for Use
The forest is open to the public from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Rules for Use
- No live vegetation may be cut or otherwise removed without obtaining permission from the forest manager.
- Possession and/or use of alcoholic beverages in the forest is prohibited.
- No fires shall be lit on the forest for any reason without proper approvals from the forest manager and the NC State fire marshal.
- No trees, shrubs or other vegetation shall be cut or dug, and no corner stakes, tree flags or flagging, signs or other experimental plot markings shall be disturbed. Do not add trail marks to areas, as this leads to large amounts of confusion as well as litter left in the form of flagging, signage, trash, etc. that degrades the outdoor setting for others.
- Forest and university personnel are permitted to conduct normal daily activities in any area of the forest, regardless of the presence or permit of any person. Be aware that this is a working, teaching, research and demonstration forest for the benefit of students and the general public, and foot traffic is likely at any time.
- All waste generated while at Schenck Forest must be placed in trash receptacles or hauled off at completion of activity or event.
- No constructed structure may be left overnight at the forest without prior written approval from the forest manager.
- No overnight camping allowed at Schenck Forest without prior written approval from the forest manager.
- In the event of an emergency, please call 911 or NC State’s Campus Police at 919-515-3333.
- No pesticides may be used at Schenck Forest except for personal insect and tick repellents. If pesticides are required for educational or research purposes, please contact the forest manager to get prior written approval. Please contact the forest manager at least one week prior to the anticipated application or usage date.
- No debris or sediment may be deposited or left on trails or in streams.
- Outside of forest management activities, no heavy equipment (tractors, excavators, etc.), chain saws, all-terrain vehicles, brush saws, trimmers or mowers may be used at Schenck Forest without obtaining prior written approval from the college’s forest manager.
- Do not block roads or gates. Park only on gravel in designated parking areas.